Printout doesn't match app

Roger D. Harmon
Roger D. Harmon
Community Member

Printed out logins as guide to update passwords due to Equifax debacle. Had many duplicates in the printout that were not shown in the app. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Roger D. Harmon -- thanks for writing in, and good for you, for staying on top of your digital security.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you had duplicates in your printout, since any print out of your 1Password data would be the same as what's actually in 1Password. If you don't see duplicates in 1Password on your Mac, you shouldn't see any in a printout, either. I'd also suggest you don't need to print out your passwords to change them; there's a better and easier way! Please follow these instructions to change passwords at any sites you think need to be changed.

Lastly, I'm a little unclear about why you think you need to change passwords due to the Equifax breach. It was a significant security event, to be sure, and if you had an account specifically at Equifax, you might want to change your password there. But Equifax did not and does not have access to your credentials for other sites. We've actually just put up a post to our blog containing some thoughts on the situation with Equifax, and how users should respond, and we'll be publishing a more-technical follow-up later this week. And feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have.

• Roger D. Harmon
    Roger D. Harmon
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

[screenshot with personal information removed — this is a public forum]

• Roger D. Harmon
    Roger D. Harmon
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. Above is a screen shot of the passwords in the 1P App. Below is a screen shot of the exported 1P list in .csv to Excel. As you can see, there are no duplicates in 1P, however in the exported file, there are.

• Roger D. Harmon
    Roger D. Harmon
    Community Member

I understand your other comments. My client/friend wants a printed list.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Roger D. Harmon: Ah. You're not printing from 1Password. You're exporting. That will include items in the Trash as well. If you don't need anything there, emptying the Trash first will get you an export without the "extra" items.

• Roger D. Harmon
    Roger D. Harmon
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty, emptied the trash and looking forward to the next export/printout without 24 duplicates.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.