TouchID on the iPad

Options
ap89
ap89
Community Member

Hi, when you launch the app on the iPad you always have to choose the touchID option and then use your finger to unlock it. Could you make it the default option so that I just have to launch the app and then place my finger on the botton and that’s it?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ap89,

Could you make it the default option so that I just have to launch the app and then place my finger on the botton and that’s it?

This is actually the normal experience.

Hi, when you launch the app on the iPad you always have to choose the touchID option and then use your finger to unlock it.

Does this happen every time you launch 1Password for iOS, or only under certain circumstances (e.x. when you reboot the iPad)?

Ben

• ap89
    ap89
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Always, when I open the app I have to choose which method to use to unlock the app.
    I get this interface, click the touchID icon and then place my finger on the button. I’d like to skip the first step and always jump to the second one, since it is the way to unlock I chose in the settings.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ap89,

Can you let us know which versions of 1Password and iOS you're running? Thanks in advance for that and the earlier info. :)

• ap89
    ap89
    Community Member
    Options

Version 6.8.2, iOS 11

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

That is really quite strange, @ap89. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81993/
    • Your forum username: ap89

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: OPI-4180

This discussion has been closed.