sync between vaults

HansRoos
HansRoos
Community Member

I would like sync between my primair and personal vault because I did not use the same vault consistently when adding items in the past.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync between vaults

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HansRoos -- If you have both a Primary vault (local) and a Personal vault (in a 1password.com account), you cannot sync these two, because there is no common sync method between the two.

However, it's easy enough to migrate your data from your Primary vault to your Personal vault, if you want to consolidate your data. Let me ask you: what's your goal? Do you want to end up with all your data in your Personal vault? Or do you want to continue using both the Primary and the Personal vaults?

• HansRoos
    HansRoos
    Community Member

Thanks Lars for your answer.
    I realise that it is probably pointless to keep two identical vault. But when I start using them I was unsure about having just one vault. In the beginning I used these two vault inconsistantly, that is, one time I add item to the primary and the other time I used my personal vault.
    Another solution would be to copy them to one another, but 1password does not warn me for duplicates.
    I guess duplicating and then removing the actual duplicates is the tedious, best thing.......

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HansRoos -- another approach would be, if you know the date when you began using your 1Password account, you could set each of the vaults in 1Password for Mac to sort by Date Modified (the sort menu at the top of the list of items), and then check for any that had been created or modified in the older Primary vault since that time, which would need to be transferred over to your 1password.com vault. That's probably easier than importing everything and then weeding out duplicates.

• HansRoos
    HansRoos
    Community Member

Thanks again Lars, I will follow your advice in this!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HansRoos -- Great! Let us know if you hit any trouble or have any additional questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.