Transition from Last Pass to 1Password?

I have tried Last Pass over the past several days and am unhappy with it, as it does not seem to be working correctly in multiple ways. I am thinking about getting a refund and using 1Password instead, partly because we have all Mac devices. I am disappointed that you don't have phone or chat support, but I'm willing to try this forum to see if it works for me. I want to know how I would go about removing Last Pass from my computer so that I could transition to 1Password. I don't know if just starting to use 1Password would override the other program? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac os Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I tried LastPass & am unhappy with it & want to try 1Password. How do I do this?

Comments

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Hi there @cmehlhop :)
    Welcome to 1Password. I hope you will have a much more pleasant experience with the program like I have. :)

If you don't have any data you wish to transfer over from LastPass you can simply uninstall it and begin to use 1Password like normal. If you do wish to transfer data, there are a set of instructions you can follow in order to do so.

Move your data from LastPass to 1Password

Let me know how that goes and if you have any more issues I can try and help with.

Cheers,
    Corey

• Thank you!

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

My pleasure. Glad I could help. :+1: :)

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @cmehlhop - Welcome to the 1Password family :smile: Yes, as @Corey_C mentioned, you can definitely migrate your existing data over using our import tool. Let us know know if you run into any questions along the way, we'll be here to help if you need us. :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file