1Password Helper crashes continually

Options
tbrown313
tbrown313
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

Using 1Password helper in Safari. This program crashes multiple times per day so it is nearly unusable now. I have waited through a couple of updates hoping for a fix, but it is still failing.

In Safari, I click the button to fill the password of a site. Either nothing happens, or I get a crash notification that looks like this:

Any suggestions?

[Name and Email removed from image by AgileBits; this is a public forum]

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @tbrown313 -- welcome to the forum! I'm sorry it's under inauspicious circumstances like these, however. Can I ask you to please delete your copy of 1Password extension in Safari and try downloading the latest version, either from the Safari gallery or directly at this link. Restart your Mac and see if that helps. Let us know!

• tbrown313
    tbrown313
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I did what you suggested early yesterday morning. Although better than before, it crashed again this morning. I sent the bug report with the comment that this was after following these suggestions.

This problem has been consistently occurring for at least a few weeks now, after 1Password had been very reliable prior to that.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tbrown313 - Sorry to hear that wasn't much help. To get a better idea of what might be going on with your 1Password setup on your Mac, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#KER-38664-364]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @tbrown313 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: KER-38664-364

This discussion has been closed.