The process for importing data from 1P3 to 1P6 does not allow unlocking 1P6 with my Master Password

Options
cyberusty
cyberusty
Community Member

New iPad running latest iOS. Downloaded 1P6, followed the six steps for migrating data from 1P3 to 1P6 but it fails (3 times so far) to allow me to open 1P6 with my Master Password. It just shows a screen with the keyhole icon which does not function. I have 1P6 on my MacBook Pro, but the instructions for passing that data to my iPad 1P are apparently dependent on being a "member" of some 1Password.com thing...a "Secret Code" is needed. Have no desire to join any group. Just want my iPad 1P to work like it used to. Your available "Help" instructions are confusing, very obfuscatious. I've been trying to get this to work for 3 hours now. Help...FOR REAL, please. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:importing data from 1P3 to 1P6

Comments

• cyberusty
    cyberusty
    Community Member
    Options

Body.

• Hi @cyberusty,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you already have all of your data in 1Password 6 for Mac please try uninstalling & reinstalling 1Password 6 on iOS, and then sync your data over using these instructions:

Sync your 1Password data

Please note that 1Password membership does not (necessarily) mean joining a group. We offer individual memberships as well. 1Password membership is the best way to access your 1Password data from all of your devices, but iCloud and Dropbox sync are also possible.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cyberusty
    cyberusty
    Community Member
    Options

It is an affront to the very nature of Integrity to require payment in order for a software upgrade to work for some users when the upgrade works for free for other, non-paying, users. That is the case here. I followed the online instructions for migrating the data; it did not work. I have no desire to sign up for additional for-fee membership, group or individual, in order to achieve what is clearly presented as a free iOS upgrade. Also, I have never previously had any problem accessing my 1PW data from all my devices (Mac and iPad) and do not have any "membership."
    This whole episode is quite absurd. Not at all the quality I expected from Agilebits based on my past interactions and my usage of 1P for many years. I am extremely frustrated. And thanking me "for taking the time to write in" is like thanking a drowning man for grabbing the ring buoy.
    Can you direct me to instructions on how to get my 1PW6 on iCloud? If I can achieve that, then I'll attempt the iCloud sync.
    Thank you.
    Russell

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

Russell,

I'm sorry for the frustation. There are other options besides 1Password membership that do not have a cost associated with them listed in the document I linked you to above. As I mentioned 1Password membership is the best way to access your 1Password data from all of your devices, but iCloud and Dropbox sync are also possible (and explained in that same guide). One of the benefits of membership is that it includes access to the latest versions of all of our 1Password apps which would otherwise be paid upgrades / separate purchases, but if you prefer to continue to license 1Password as you have been and sync it with iCloud you can certainly do that.

And thanking me "for taking the time to write in" is like thanking a drowning man for grabbing the ring buoy.

My apologies if I offended you, I was just trying to be friendly. :(

Ben

ref: AEV-23228-367

This discussion has been closed.