failing installation of 6.8.1

jpirwin
jpirwin
Community Member

Trying to install 6.8.1 on Mac OS 10.11.6. Download seems to happen but then keep getting dialog box with Update and Relaunch button. Clicked it and then am told download is happening. But then same dialog box. Got same sequence again and again. Seems to be some sort of loop. How do I get out of this? Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:6.8.1

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jpirwin! Sorry to hear you're having trouble updating 1Password for Mac to version 6.8.1. The very first thing I'd do is restart your Mac. I don't know how long your Mac's been running, but it's possible a background process failed and that's interfering with your download; hard to say. But you'd be surprised how often the good ol' reboot will do the trick.

If you restart your Mac, relaunch 1Password and have the same issue with the updater, then quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and download a copy of 1Password for Mac directly via your browser from our downloads page. Once that's downloaded, you should be able to overwrite your copy of 1Password directly by opening the package installer (.pkg) and going through a normal install process. Let us know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.