Feature suggestion: Icons download only for missing icons (Implemented in 1Password 6+)

Options
awi64
awi64
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

something that bothers me each time:
When I start File > Download colored icons (btw. I have the German version "Datei > Farbige Icons herunterladen"), then 1Password starts requesting ALL icons anew, no matter if they are already filed or not. This actually takes ~10 Minutes for some 300 sites, which is quite annoying since I just wanted to fetch the few MISSING ones, of course.

Please make this function "intelligent" so to only download icons that haven't been downloaded already.

Greetings from Germany,
Andreas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @awi64,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Good news is that we've already done that for the 1Password 6 version, which also means that the upcoming 1Password 7 version with local vaults support will have this as well and it is automatically done in the background without blocking your actions. We have a new database model in 1Password 6 that allows us to perform queries where we know what's missing and what may be outdated, so we only fetch what is needed, plus excluding any items where you may already have a custom icon saved for it.

This discussion has been closed.