Can't log in to 1Password on Windows 7 with AVG

Options

I am trying to login to 1Password on Windows 7, on a PC with AVG Internet Security installed.

I have reset my Secret Key and Master Password. But I still cannot log in to 1Password. The message is "Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection."

I don't know what to do. Please help. Nothing on the form related to AVG seems to help. Maybe AVG isn't the problem, but that's the only thing we can think of.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7, SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gwexler,

Thanks for writing in.

First, are you able to sign into your 1Password.com account in Chrome, Firefox, or Vivaldi?

Anti-malware solutions usually don't block the sign-in in the main 1Password application unless it has a firewall blocking all new connections first, which is rarely the default option.

Do you use a proxy, VPN, or anything that would block new connections to 1Password.com site?

• I'm glad Mike's suggestions were helpful! As for account recovery, you should have received an e-mail indicating you needed to complete recovery once your mom had clicked on that link. If you didn't receive the e-mail, I'd take a gander at your spam folder and whitelist the e-mail that notification came from if it got caught there. That way, you'll get your notification next time around as I can definitely see how that might be confusing.

Either way, I'm glad you were able to get things sorted out and thank you for the feedback! We always appreciate it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.