Windows app opens and immediately closes

Options

I just installed the Windows app v 6.7.457, and when I try to run it a window appears (with nothing in it except the header labeled 1Password) and the taskbar icon appears, then within a few seconds the window disappears and as soon as I mouseover the taskbar icon, it disappears too. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, including computer reboots. One time after reboot the app was repeatedly trying to open itself and then closing... it did so 10s of times before I uninstalled yet again.

When I investigated the status of my .NET framework using Microsoft's automatic .NET repair tools, I found that ".NET Framework 4.7 is not supported on this operating system" but that I have either 4.6.1 or 4.6.2 already installed.

In case it is relevant: I am also using 1Password on my Android phone, and I have no problems there.

Help, please!
-Sean

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise v 1511, build 10586.753
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @soxford,

Thanks for writing in.

That does sound like the app is crashing. Can you email us any potential crash reports from Windows' Event Viewer, here's how to get them.

If you find some, please email them to us at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and your username included, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know if you sent that email here, so we can confirm we got the email.

• soxford
    soxford
    Community Member
    Options

Upon attempting to follow your directions, I found that Event Log had been disabled on my computer, so no crash reports available. So I enabled it and then started 1Password, and everything worked. Perhaps your installer should be modified so it checks to ensure that Event Log is enabled, and warns the user if it is not? Anyway, thanks for your help!

• Hi @soxford,

That's great, I'm glad to hear it is working now. We are transitioning away from Event Log soon, so this will be addressed in a way.

This discussion has been closed.