How can I purchase new Standalone copies of 1Password?

dSkulddSkuld Junior Member

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to find anywhere on the site to be able to purchase standalone copies of 1Password for Mac or Windows?

Is this still possible?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Hi @dSkuld :)
    You can buy a standalone license for Mac at https://agilebits.com/store. 1Password 6 for Windows does not support standalone vaults, so no standalone license is available for it. That will change with 1Password 7 when it is released.

• dSkulddSkuld Junior Member

@Corey_C,

Thanks for the info.

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

:):+1:

• brentybrenty

Team Member

We definitely recommend 1Password.com memberships for most people, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. But we'll continue to offer a "standalone" option with local vaults in 1Password 7 when it arrives as well. Cheers! :)

• PoolartPoolart Junior Member

that sounds really good. I must really say its the absolut right decison to sell the standalone editon further. For the most new users its might be okay to having all passwords stored in a cloud and use your new abo model, but I will never use it. These data is the most sensible i have and i will never store it outside my office or in an app which i cannot use anymore if i stop my subscription. A yearly subscription for updates might be okay but if i stop i have something in hand to use further. Just my two cents.

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

Just a quickie to point out that you do not lose access to your passwords even if you have subscribed and then sop subscribing. A lot of functionality is lost, but the passwords can still be read and exported.

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @Poolart - We appreciate the feedback. @Danco is correct! We would never lock you out from being able to access your data even if you stop paying for the subscription. There will be certain features you won't be able to access until the subscription is re-activated but this doesn't include being able to access your data. I hope this helped and thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts with us.

This discussion has been closed.