Keyboard shortcut for "Fill Login on current web page" not working

Options
jerrry
jerrry
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

Hello there, I've reinstalled my MacBook and after the clean install of macOS, Chrome and 1Password I have problem with the keyboard shortcut for filling login. I've tested different shorcuts, but nothing helps. Could you please help me to solve this problem? :(

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jerrry: Are you using the default keyboard shortcut or have you tried to change it? There's currently a bug preventing it from being customized but we've got a fix for that in the beta. If you meant something else, please let me know exactly what you're doing.

• eshill
    eshill
    Community Member
    Options

I have not worked default keyboard shortcut in Chrome & Opera browser. Help!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @eshill,

Are you running the latest version (6.82) of 1Password? We just fixed an issue with keyboard shortcuts so updating to the latest version of 1Password might help.

If that doesn't work, can you please let us know the version of 1Password and the keyboard shortcut you're using?

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• eshill
    eshill
    Community Member
    Options

My version is 6.8.2 (682003)
    In the previous version everything worked.
    Shortcut — ⌘/

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eshill -- I'm going to propose a simple fix before we get into the weeds on this one: would you please restart your Mac and see if that helps or solves the problem? I'm not convinced it will...but if that's all that's needed, we'll save everyone some time, here. Let us know how that works for you!

• eshill
    eshill
    Community Member
    Options

Restart Mac does not help (((

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eshill -- yeah, wasn't sure that was going to be of any help, but it's worth a shot in cases like this. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#AKZ-93158-311]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @eshill only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: AKZ-93158-311

• eshill
    eshill
    Community Member
    Options

I changed the combination to ⌘\ and now it works!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eshill -- Excellent! I'm sorry I didn't catch that in your earlier post -- any shortcut theoretically SHOULD work...but you do have to manage conflicts with macOS's built-in keyboard shortcuts. Frankly, I'm so used to seeing ⌘\ that I read your first post as that, even though you clearly said you were using ⌘/. The latter is a very common shortcut, which makes me think that some other process or app on your Mac had already appropriated that key combo unto itself. Regardless, I'm glad restoring things to ⌘\ worked for you. Cheers! :)

• eshill
    eshill
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eshill -- you're quite welcome; drop by anytime if you have questions or issues!

This discussion has been closed.