To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I forgot my password as soon as I set up my account. :(

Options

I set up my account late last night and didn't actually even complete the process. So this morning, when I returned to finish setting everything up, I found I was SOL. If there truly is no way to reset a master password, can someone please delete my account so I can start fresh? #idiot

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:recover password

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey, @sillypassword! I'm glad to see from your username that you managed to find humor in this situation. It made me smile! :chuffed:

We can absolutely help you delete your account so you can start over, but we do need to confirm that you are the owner of the account. I went ahead and sent you an e-mail from our support system to the e-mail address that we have on file for the account. Just reply to that e-mail confirming that you'd like to delete it and I'll get it taken care of. :+1:

ref: GTY-55613-821

• ciro7
    ciro7
    Community Member
    Options

I... also have the same problem. >_< Can you delete so I can start over?

• Hi @ciro7,

I've sent you an email that you'll need to reply to in order for us to help you out with this.

Rick

ref: ZQU-11948-832

• angelica
    angelica
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I can't remember the password of my account. Can i have my account deleted

• angelica
    angelica
    Community Member
    Options

How do i cancel my free trial?

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @angelica! Welcome to the forum! :chuffed:

I'll reach out to you via email, and we can continue the conversation there! :+1:

ref: YSZ-79252-787

• airplaneap
    airplaneap
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about adding to the pile but I have the same problem. I don't have my emergency kit saved and I just signed out of the only browser I was signed into. There was no data in the account but I would like to use the same email address for a new account.

• @airplaneap I'm sorry to hear that. I'll reach out to you via email and we can help sort things out. :) Talk to you soon!

ref: EEL-84927-876

• duanefalk
    duanefalk
    Community Member
    Options

Man I have the same problem- didnt even get the app loaded and it won;t let me log in. I originally copied a bit of tet intot he password field...I wonder if that dropped special charactaers in I wasn;t expecting? Please delete my account so I can start over.
    thanks

• Thanks for letting us know! We just replied to your email and will help you get things sorted out there. :)

ref: SKI-73153-215

• loalan
    loalan
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem signing in. I know my e-mail address is correct and so is my account key but the password isn't working.
    Help

• Hi loalan - Sorry for the troubles. Let's continue the conversation via email since we'll be discussing specifics relating to your account. At your convenience, reply back to the email I sent over and we'll work on this together. Talk to you soon. :+1:

ref: XJQ-82232-843

• sigh_lostpassword
    Options

Hi there team, I've got a similar issue too. Didn't log in for over a month and forgot my master password. I'm a subscriber and any assistance at all would be super appreciated to start using 1password again. Please help

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@sigh_lostpassword: You can keep guessing your Master Password if you like -- you won't get locked out permanently. If you've already given up the ghost and would like to start over, however, just let us know. We'll send an e-mail to your registered e-mail address to confirm and get the process started for you. :+1:

• sigh_lostpassword
    Options

Is there no way to reset the master password at all??? Ex. security questions etc... I can;t tell you how many times I've tried to get in, and I have over 50 passwords saved. It's most frustrating, and as a regular annual subscriber there must be something that can be done.

• BLCKDYNMT
    BLCKDYNMT
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Could you start the same process with me? I lost track of my sign-in password. Thank you!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you cannot remember your master password at all (even after trying many times) then there is nothing that can be done to reset it.

This is one of the advantages of 1PW, as it means that nobody except you can get access to your account. Other password managers do have the kind of options you mention, but that makes them much less secure. You have to make the decision for yourself, and this aspect was one of the reasons I chose 1PW.

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/ provides some suggestions of how you might recover a forgotten password.

• @sigh_lostpassword : I can understand the frustration you're feeling. I too would be very angry if I was looking at the prospect of losing my data. But if we had the ability to reset your password ourselves, this would mean that we also would have access to all of the information that you put inside of the vaults. This isn't a position we want to be in, and it's not a position you want us to be in.

@BLCKDYNMT : I've sent you an email.

Rick

ref: MMH-23123-297

• sigh_lostpassword
    Options

Thanks for your prompt reply. In that case, please send me an email to reset my account. We can correspond there.

• @sigh_lostpassword : I've sent you an email asking for more information.

Rick

ref: KZG-36541-479

• BLCKDYNMT
    BLCKDYNMT
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion I never received said email. Could you (or another AgileBits Team Member) send another so that I may use your services once again?

Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

@BLCKDYNMT

I’ve re-sent the message. Please let us know ASAP if you have not received it. The email will be coming from support@agilebits.com so please make sure your spam filter is not catching messages from our address.

Thanks!

Ben

• BLCKDYNMT
    BLCKDYNMT
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I've received the email and have responded. Thanks for reaching out! 8-)

• Good to see Ben was able to help out there.

Rick

• BLCKDYNMT
    BLCKDYNMT
    Community Member
    Options

I responded saying I acknowledge that my vaults world be deleted, and that was 2 hours ago.

• Ben
    Options

I’ve replied via email. Sorry for the delay.

Ben

• forgottenpassword2
    forgottenpassword2
    Community Member
    Options

Could I have my account deleted? I forgot my Master Password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@forgottenpassword2 - please write in to our support email address: support+forum@agilebits.com and ask to have your account deleted. With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82159/i-forgot-my-password-as-soon-as-i-set-up-my-account#latest
    • Your forum username: forgottenpassword2

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the title/subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we have that, we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jonnybelt
    jonnybelt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'd like my account deleted as well. My support ID is #NLN-29533-218.
    Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jonnybelt - I see my colleague Daniel is already assisting you via email; lets keep things going over there, to avoid confusion. :)

This discussion has been closed.