New User: Local Backup/Options or Versioning?

Options

Quick question, still a new user of 1password and I am connected to the cloud version of the database. Is there a backup option (local) or restore? Or versioning attached to the fields outside of password history? Nearly deleted my mothers equifax pin (as a field not password) and almost pressed the save button. Lead me to wonder what would have happened if I had deleted that note in the login, or a line in a secure note I could not easily replicate or recover?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @AlwaysSortaCurious! That's a good thing to worry about, but thankfully, we've got you covered. In both the case of a deleted custom field or a deleted line in a secure note, you could restore these items from your item history on 1Password.com to recover the erroneously removed information. Item history isn't just for passwords -- a version of your item is saved every time you make a change. :chuffed:

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks, going to take a peek at it now... awesome. I would offer one suggestion to the dev, a little bit more consistency between platforms if possible. lol. I check my androind, ipad, desktop, and never got around/thought about to checking the web site... Not sure how they are storing it, but if those details are on the web, they might be in the local cache.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    Options

That's a great vale add. How long does it go back? (days? versions?)

• @AlwaysSortaCurious: Individual and Family accounts store history for a year. I'm not entirely sure if the full history is cached locally. I can see it possibly being in the local desktop cache, but I'd expect not on mobile since a year's worth of changes could get a bit storage-heavy. I know most folks probably have more storage than they need these days (even on mobile), but we still try to stay conscious of folks like myself who seem to constantly be pushing the limit of our SSDs. :wink: Either way, I will definitely pass along your feedback for history in the apps. :+1:

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    Options

Thanks. Yeah, I was definitely thinking desktop clients, and not mobile. Agree there completely. Thanks.

• Not a problem at all, @AlwaysSortaCurious! Thanks again for sharing your feedback. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.