How to use 1Password to log in to Facebook app on iPhone?

Options
karenrodrig
karenrodrig
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

I cannot see how to use 1password to login into Facebook app on iPhone. I see how to use it if I type in url in safari but I want to use apps.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot figure out how to use to login into fb app on iPhone. not via safari but with app

Comments

• karenrodrig
    karenrodrig
    Community Member
    Options

I am very new and need help just using to log in to app (not via browser but by app)

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @karenrodrig :)
    Welcome to 1Password! When it comes to apps, the app developer has to build in 1Password support into the app themselves. It is not something 1Password can do on its own. Many apps have done just that but, unfortunately Facebook is not currently one of them. In the case of Facebook your best option is to use Copy/Paste to enter your password. It's not ideal, but fortunately you won't have to do it very often.

Hope that helps :)
    Corey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@karenrodrig: Indeed, sorry for the confusion! While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste. We're always happy to help others join the ranks of apps that support the 1Password iOS extension though! Cheers! :)

• karenrodrig
    karenrodrig
    Community Member
    Options

thank you!! At least I don't feel as crazy. Do you think there is a security issue and staying logged in to an app on your phone once you've entered the password via copying? I appreciate your assistance.

K

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@karenrodrig: You're welcome! Honestly it depends. Certainly other apps have access to the clipboard, so it would be more secure if they allow 1Password to fill directly into the app. And if a security issue were found with Facebook, it could be a problem. But on the plus side, iOS apps are sandboxed so it would be hard for other apps — even malicious ones — to take advantage. And with 1Password, you can use a long, strong, unique password for each account, so that eve if one is compromised it will not affect others. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.