iOS: Add Support files Files app / iCloud drive

Options
telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member

hey guys, I am really missing a feature to upload files to the 1Password items. It would be great if i could add files from iCloud or new iOS 11 files app to 1Password. Currently I have to use the Mac for that

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @telephoneman. We'd love to do this. Hopefully it is something we can include in the iOS app in the future.

Ben

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on this Topic? +1 from my side.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Tabaluga

No news at this point, however using the 1Password.com website from Safari may provide the experience you’re looking for.

Ben

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Yes this works at least partially. I can upload files but it is not possible to attach those documents to a login/note/etc. I have not tested if this is possible via desktop website. The only way I know so far is using the desktop software. This works but is not handy since you can forget to add the file to the login/note/etc once you are at the desktop some hours later.

Best regards

• Ben
    Options

You are correct that at the moment linking is only available on desktop platforms. We hope to expand that in the future.

Ben

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it could be really useful, actually it is just possible to add photos

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• elphmorgan
    elphmorgan
    Community Member
    Options

I would really love the iOS version to have access to iCloud Drive files (and heck any other file system hooks for uploading files.) I'm recently moved to an iPad Pro and can do 90% of what I need there. My use case right now is creating memberships for my various cards in my wallets and I want to include a file that contains the front and back image of the card. I use GeniusScan to get a secure PDF of both sides from my phone camera then upload to iCloud Drive. From 1Password Desktop I can attach the file to the membership object and have it live in Documents in 1Password. Not elegant, but it works.
    -elph

• Ben
    Options

I also do most of my work from an iPad Pro so I understand the desire. Hopefully someday. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.