Icloud and 1password Problem in iMac

Fard
Fard
Community Member

hello , I get every day in my iMac the message that I am with icloud and 1password must authorize for sync, where is the problem
and why only with iMac not in iPad

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fard: With App Store apps (on both macOS and iOS) there is no separate login process for iCloud; it's handled by at the system level by the OS. But with the AgileBits Store version, since it is not an App Store app, it cannot use this and you need to authenticate separately. You're getting this message because your authentication token is expired. When logging in again, if you check the box that says roughly "keep me signed in", you won't have to do this as often. If you don't check it, you'll need to login at least every day. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• lml424
    lml424
    Community Member

I am having this same problem - I've been using 1Password for a while now and haven't had to do this. It seems to have started with the last update. It would be great to be able to go back to the way it was before so I don't have to keep logging in.

• Fard
    Fard
    Community Member

@brenty
    Maybe you are right,but I hadn't this problem,I use 1password since version 2,this problem is new I think 4 to 6 months ago.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Fard and @lml424 - it's not the update to 1Password, it's that Apple has changed (tightened) the security surrounding iCloud authentication. They're now requiring it every 8 hours unless you check the box marked Keep me signed in. Try that, and check to see if that takes care of the issue.

This discussion has been closed.