I am not on Oreo but the 1Password Keyboard is unpredictable

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

There are times when using the 1Password keyboard, the 1Password logo is blue which means it works and at other time it is greyed out showing it is deactivated?

I haven't been able to discern a pattern to show when the keyboard should (or should not work) and it appears random. Does it matter if I am using Incognito Mode?

1Password Version: 1Password 6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android v7.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• c_shaw
    c_shaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

While I can't speak on behalf of the awesome developers who work on 1Password; I believe from what I've been told in the past is if a positive match can't be determined no results would be returned for the keyboard to use. This is the same for the browser extensions for desktops and the 1Password extension in iOS.

The good thing is you can hold your finger down on the 1Password logo which will open a search window that you can use to find the website. From there, you will see two buttons appear above the keyboard that says 'Fill username' and 'Fill password'. While not as nice as what Android Oreo offers it gives us the best workaround for Android 7 and below.

Hope that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: When it is "dimmed", that means automatic filling is not available and you'll need to long-press it to select the item to fill.

This discussion has been closed.