To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

unable to switch to individual account from family account as my email already exists

I set up a trial a year ago but never used it. I set up a new account couple of days ago as a family account but realise I just need an individual account. Unfortunately it will not let me switch because you must still have my email address on the database from last year. How do I change to an individual account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to switch to individual account from family account as my email already exists

Comments

• Hi chrisgoldsbrough - I'll be happy to help out. Since we will be discussing specifics relating to your account, let's continue the conversation via email. When you get a chance, reply back to the email I just sent over. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. :smile:

ref: NHK-68644-715

• lynns
    lynns
    Community Member

I'm having this same issue. We had the individual app. I deleted the data and app. When I reload it and enter my new family secret key and password, I get an error. It won't accept my new information. It wants my old secret key that is associated with the email. How do I fix this?

• Hi lynns - Sorry for the troubles. You can try to reset the 1Password app which will erase any stored data. Once the app is reset, you should be able to add the new account from the welcome screen. Let's continue the conversation via email and when you get a chance reply back to me there. I look forward to getting you up and running :smile:

ref: IEP-26641-487

This discussion has been closed.