Keyboard shortcut doesn't work consistently anymore

Options
burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've been experiencing some weird, inconsistent behavior with the keyboard shortcut in Firefox recently. Sometimes if I use the keyboard shortcut, the context menu shows up, but it doesn't show any logins. Sometimes it doesn't show the context menu at all. If I do it a couple times, it might finally find the login and fill it, but often it never finds it. If I click on the icon in the corner, it usually finds it, but it's slower than it used to be.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @burn123! When you say recently, is it possible this started with the latest 1Password 4 update? Someone else reported something similar earlier today, so I'm now wondering if there's a pattern. Do you see the same behavior when using the extension icon in Firefox? Also, have you noticed that this is an issue only on certain sites or is it more pervasive across sites? Thanks! :+1:

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Yes, it's been with recent updates. When I use the extension icon, I don't have that behavior, but it is slower than it used to be. I haven't noticed if it is any particular site, but I know one site I have a lot of trouble with is piazza

• @burn123: It's strange that you're not seeing this when using the icon in your browser. The icon and the keyboard shortcut should be doing effectively the same thing. My best theory is that something hinky might be going on with focus, but I'm not aware of anything we've changed that would affect that. I'll try to use 1Password 4 instead of 1Password 6 (and the keyboard shortcut instead of the browser icon) while working tomorrow and see if I see similar behavior. If so, I'll pass it along to the development team. If not, I'll pop back in here so we can keep digging for a cause. :+1:

• bogh
    bogh
    Community Member
    Options

I have been experiencing the same issues. I think it has been for the past one or two weeks.
    When using the keyboard shortcut, no logins are displayed in the conxtextual menu.
    If I right click and select 1Password or use the extension icon it works as usual.

I am using:
    Windows 8.1
    Chrome 60.0.3112.113
    Extension: 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.6.11.91
    1Password 4.6.2.626

• @bogh: Thanks for the additional info! This is definitely starting to look like a trend, but I'm not aware of anything we'd have changed in 626 to cause this, so I'm going to touch base with the development team so they can investigate, as I'm not able to reproduce this myself.

@bogh and @burn123: Could both of you send me a diagnostics report via e-mail, please?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Don't post your diagnostics here on the forum, but do include a link to this forum post and your forum username with your e-mail, so we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics. If I need anything more from y'all, I'll follow up via e-mail. :chuffed:

Thanks! :+1:

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

#JIU-62326-292

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@burn123: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: JIU-62326-292

This discussion has been closed.