To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to Convert Individual Account to Family

Options
sprayRed
sprayRed
Community Member

I have a Trail individual account via iTunes. I want to upgrade to a family yearly account. I checked both the iPhone and iTunes via my PC and there is no option to select the family yearly plan, just individual monthly and yearly. How to I get this item to appear so I can select it?
Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• larry_wenzel
    larry_wenzel
    Community Member
    Options

Above is my same problem. I started a free trial via iTunes, but need to convert it to a family account. We have two iphones, a macbook air, a macbook pro and a mac-mini (Desktop). Is a family plan my best value and how do I convert over?

• Hi @sprayRed and @larry_wenzel! Sorry about the confusion. Since your subscription started in iTunes, it needs to be canceled there before you can upgrade to a family:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions

Once you do that, send us an email at support@1password.com and ask us to mark it as canceled on our end. Then you'll be able to upgrade. :) Hope this helps!

• saulstraussman
    saulstraussman
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade via iTunes. I cannot (due to my own mistaken click) seem to upgrade. I had canceled my trial account via iTunes. However, I (clearly mistakenly) selected "subscribe" from the 1Password application preferences on my computer believing it would bring me to a credit card/subscription page. It did not, I seem to be stuck in an iTunes/1Password limo, and I cannot seem to undo the error. I would like to upgrade to a family account. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• @saulstraussman: We'll need to update our records once you cancel your iTunes subscription in order to allow you to upgrade (and resubscribe). Just because you're seeing an Apple Subscription on the billing page on 1Password.com doesn't necessarily mean you're still subscribed through iTunes, but it's best to check all the same. Could you check if you do still have an active Apple subscription and cancel it if so? Once you've canceled (or confirmed the subscription was already canceled), let us know and we'll update our records and let you know that you're all set to upgrade and resubscribe. :+1:

Instructions to cancel, in case you need them: Either go to https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions or go to “iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > 1Password” in the Settings app on an iOS device and cancel the subscription.

This discussion has been closed.