Windows 10 with Chrome Browser Extension looking for 1Password 6 and not 1Password 4

Options

We are using 1Password 4 from a Windows 10 machine to access a vault in Dropbox my wife and I share from different platforms. We have home Mac's and Windows for works so we use Dropbox to store our vault. For the Windows 10 machine we have 1Password 4 installed and it works just fine. The issue is for Chrome, the browser extension doesn't contain any of the 1Password vault logins, data, etc and it seems like it is looking for 1Password 6 and not 1Password 4.

I would think the browser extension would be looking for v6 and not v4 also but perhaps that is the case. Any guidance/solution would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @checkyourmirrors,

Sorry for the trouble!

Is it possible that you have two versions of 1Password for Windows installed at the moment, 1Password 4 and 1Password 6? If you are not planning to use your 1Password account and 1Password 6, please uninstall 1Password 6. Here is how:

1) On the Start menu, select Settings.
    2) Select System > Apps & features.
    3) Find 1Password 6 there and then select Uninstall.

1Password extension should connect to 1Password 4 after that. Please let me know how it goes. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.