To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Asking questions that gets an answer that helps me!

Options

When I ask for help - I get stonewalled by your customer service - where is it??? - it is unintelligible and frustrating to get answers.
I'm ready to do whatever to transfer what I have to what I need to have but your instructions and now how the system is working for
me--it is NOT.... So I need clear instructions of what I have and what I need to do to upgrade? switch to agilebites? versus app? What do
I have and what do I need to do to address it would be very helpful information and then when you need my password? versus my vault
pw, versus whatever other passwords that you have asked be generated. It would be helpful to talk to someone on the phone or a chat
to lead me through the process. I like your product but your customer service needs significant improvement for those who are not as
tech savy as perhaps you assume.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I ask a question that gets anything close to understanding what it is and then perhaps an answer

Comments

• Hey @betsy_longstreth! I'd be happy to help out. :) Have you started using 1Password yet? I'm not quite sure based on your post, so if you haven't started using it, welcome! We've got a great support article — with videos! — to help you get started with 1Password:

Set up 1Password

Once you set up the apps on your devices, you can start adding your passwords in a browser automatically when you sign in to a website:

Saving, filling, and changing your passwords

If you already use 1Password and you're looking to sign up for a 1Password account and use that to sync your devices automatically and use all the 1Password apps, we've got an article to help you do that too:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Let us know how that goes. If you have some specific questions along the way, we're here to help. :)

• betsy_longstreth
    betsy_longstreth
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using 1Password for a couple of years. I have it on my computer and I-phone. I think I got it from the app store but it was way back and frankly I don't know. I received an email saying if I did I could download it again from agilebits and open an account? When I try to find out what kind of "service"--member, non-member, or whatever you call them, I don't know where I fit in to your scheme of various categories of 1Password users and I haven't found out how to find that out. I am looking to keep my 1Password that currently is not working for me - it is not filling in the passwords that have most always worked and to have the most secure and user friendly account possible. I'm also not sure if my 1Password is set up within my DropBox account.... That is what I tried to do at the outset.
    Any help and clarification most appreciated.

• @betsy_longstreth: If you've been using 1Password for a couple of years, you likely have a standalone vault rather than a 1Password membership. Are you using 1Password on a Mac or a Windows computer? This final tidbit will help us walk you through confirming you're using a standalone vault and also figuring you what version of 1Password you're using right now so we can help you upgrade, if needed. Thanks! :chuffed:

• betsy_longstreth
    betsy_longstreth
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1 Password on a MAC and the extension seems to have disappeared from my chrome extensions so I think that is why the auto fill is no longer working.... I have tried to find out on your website how to reinstall but can't find reference that is useful??? Can you direct me or walk me through the steps I need to get it up and running again. Any help appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@betsy_longstreth: You can install the 1Password desktop extension from the link on our downloads page:

https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the details so we're not just guessing: OS, 1Password, browser, and extension version; the exact steps you're taking; and what is (or is not) happening for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.