To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Switched and have more items

Kylereilly
Kylereilly
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

Despite hating subscriptions, I gave it a try. I watched the video and read the forum heavily. I have a few vaults. For reach, I did copy from vault to my 1password vault (moving from Dropbox to 1Password Sync. For some reason, I have 10 extra items in my primary vault, and 15 extra items in a secondary vault. What are the extra items and is that normal?

Also, images that were embedded in notes are now separate. What happened?

Comments

• Hi @Kylereilly

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I suspect the answer to your two questions is one in the same. 1Password membership vaults handle “attachments” differently than standalone vaults. In addition to the fact that they can be linked to other existing items (as they can in standalone vaults) they also exist independently of those items in their own category (“Documents”). This allows one Document to be linked to multiple other items, or vice versa, without creating duplicates. It also allows Documents to exist entirely on their own without having to be linked to another item.

Attachments are not counted in the item count, but Documents are, which likely explains the discrepency in counts.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Kylereilly
    Kylereilly
    Community Member

So to confirm, if I have an attachment, I will see it in 2 places - one as an independent image and two as a "document?" Basically, I used to have secure notes, and I attached some photos to them. How does that have an impact? Can I not have a picture within a secure note anymore??? Does that make sense?

Also, it does not allow me to edit a password from the Browser interface. Am I missing something? Sometimes when at work (I cannot install the app there), you goto a site and it makes you change your password, I can't edit it on 1password.com.

• @Kylereilly: I'm not sure I follow your question about attachments to secure notes. 1Password memberships handle attachments in general differently, but the photo will still be available as a Document item and you'll see a link to the Document item associated with that Secure Note in the Secure Note's item details. I hope that makes sense, but I'm happy to clarify if needed.

As for editing on 1Password.com, you should be able to do so. Open the proper vault, select the item you wish to edit from the item list and you'll see an edit button in the item details in the lower right-hand corner. :+1:

• Kylereilly
    Kylereilly
    Community Member

Basically, can I have an image/attachment in a "Note" without having it in documents? I don't like to see duplicates. Can I have an attachment in something and not have it showed up separately?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

No.

Also it isn’t a duplicate. The reference on the Secure Note is a link to the Document, not a copy of it. There is only one copy of the item. Just as you see your Login items in both the Logins category and All Items category, you’d see a link to the Document on the Secure Note and you’d also see it in the Documents category.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.