To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I did not see a welcome screen after I updated to 1password 6. Now my data is not synced. help

ValBoWaDo
ValBoWaDo
Community Member

Wow -- you ask for concise and for me to register (which I have never had to do on a chat before) and now you want more details. Confusing.

I really need to speak with someone. I even went to the Mac store and they couldn't help me. I really need to sync my old 1Password to the new one. I paid for it and so I want it to sync. I am not tech savy and am having a really hard time and am frustrated. Idon't want to lose all of my passwords. Please help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I did not see a welcome screen after I updated to 1password 6. Now my data is not synced. help

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ValBoWaDo! Sorry to hear you're having troubles syncing your 1Password data just now. I know how nerve-wracking it can be to worry you might lose your data, but that's rarely the case with 1Password, as there are usually backups we can access if we need to -- and most of the time, we don't even need to do that. So, first off, don't panic. :)

We actually don't provide 1-to-1 telephone support or instruction on how to use 1Password, but I'd be happy to help you right here. Unfortunately, I'm at a bit of a loss, since you didn't include any details about what devices you're running 1Password on, the OS version they're running, what version(s) of 1Password you have, how you sync your data, etc. Can you describe the issue you're having and where things seemed to start going wrong for you, in a little more detail? You mention "old" and "new" 1Password -- do you have two different versions on one device? Did you have an older version and replaced it with a newer one? Something else? The more detail you can provide, the better able we'll be to point you to the correct solution. Thanks!

• ValBoWaDo
    ValBoWaDo
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. I really wish I could speak to someone so they could help walk me through the sync. I will try and answer your questions.

I am using my laptop.
    Sierra 10.12.6
    I am going from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6.8.2
    I paid for the update and can't get the info from 3 to go into 6.
    I never saw a welcome screen and so not sure how to go back and find the welcome screen.
    Yes, I now have two different versions on my laptop. But the 3 no longer functions. So I am having to copy from 3 and put it into my websites.
    The info on 3 is still there. But when I click the 1Password icon, the 6 opens and it is blank.

So, I need to get my info from 3 into the 6.

I am NOT a techie and so this is hard for me. Please help.

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ValBoWaDo - as long as your 1Password data is still within 1Password 3 for Mac (and it almost certainly is), this is just a matter of upgrading versions. Fortunately, we've got a great illustrated guide for doing just that. Please follow those instructions for getting your 1Password data safely from 1Password 3 for Mac into 1Password 6 for Mac. Let us know how that works for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.