To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 2 accounts

Options
Pattiji
Pattiji
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

I have two 1P accounts. They both have the same username and pw, but the website and secret keys are different. I'm on the family trial. Is this why there are two accounts? Is this ok? Did I do something wrong? How do I fix it?

I see a Private, a Personal, and a Shared vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Pattiji: It looks like you ended up with both an Individual and a Family account. Both are on their free trial and neither has any billing information added at this point, according to our records, so my advice would be to make sure all of your items are in the proper vault for the account you want to keep and then to sign out of the other account. Could you tell us what type of device you're using 1Password with (iPhone, PC, Mac, etc.) and also which account you'd like to keep (Individual or Family)? This will help us walk you through checking that your items are in the right place, moving them (if needed), and signing out of the unwanted account so you can continue with your trial. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Pattiji
    Pattiji
    Community Member
    Options

@Bundkate: Thanks for your response. I use an iMac, iPhone, and iPad (so far nothing has been downloaded on the iPad). I just spoke with my husband and we both think it'll be easier and clearer if we each have an individual account. So ... if you can help me get iPassword set up as an individual, I would greatly appreciate it.

• @Pattiji: Absolutely! The Personal vault is the one associated with your Individual account, so the first step is to make sure all of your items are in that vault. You can find instructions to move items here.

Once all of your items are in your Personal vault, confirm you can sign in to your Individual account by visiting htttps://my.1password.com and entering your credentials from your Emergency Kit. If you're able to sign in successfully, you can sign out of your Family account. To do so:

On Mac

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Choose 1Password menu on the menubar and select Preferences.
    3. Click the Accounts icon, select your Family account (this will have your custom sign-in address rather than my.1password.com) and click the - button at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar to sign out.

On iOS

1. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS.
    2. Tap Settings > 1Password accounts > Your Family Account > Sign Out

At this point, you should only see your Personal vault across devices and should be all set to move forward with an Individual account. Of course, if you have questions along the way, feel free to ask. :chuffed:

• Pattiji
    Pattiji
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I got an Emergency Kit for GarlandFamily but not for Patti Garland.

I moved everything that was in the GarlandFamily Shared and Personal accounts to Patti Garland Personal.

Ok, now I'm really confused. I moved everything, quit the application, signed in using the Secret Key from the Individual account and I got what looks like a new account.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Pattiji I see 23 items in your Personal vault in your screenshot. Are you expecting more items to be in that vault? That's not a new account from what I can see, it appears to be your existing individual account, just viewed via the web app.

FYI, I also deleted your screenshot since it does include some identifying information and this is a public forum. I still got a chance to look at it first. :+1:

• Pattiji
    Pattiji
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

I made the changes on the Mac. Then I logged into the iPhone and there's only one account: Personal. So that's good to go, yes?

On the Mac, should I delete the login and Identity Items that are associated with the Family account?

• Pattiji
    Pattiji
    Community Member
    Options

Sign Out is greyed out on the iPhone.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Pattiji: What you delete as far as items is up to you. It may be useful to have those items handy, just in case you do need to access that account in the future. If you're only seeing your personal vault on iPhone and are seeing all of the items you see on your Mac, you should be all set. :+1:

ref: LYI-37722-546

• Pattiji
    Pattiji
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. I've decided to go with Dashlane because I got immediate help with questions from their customer support. I appreciate a forum where other users are graciously helping others, but I feel that part of paying for a service is for quick support especially during set up. I never even got an answer to a message I sent through the iPassword contact page.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @Pattiji. We generally do not respond to the same question twice when coming from the same person when asked via multiple venues. Doing so causes a duplication of efforts and slows down the support process. Glad to hear you've found a password management solution you're comfortable with, even if it isn't 1Password. If there is anything we can help with in the future please feel free to reach out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.