I share a vault with my wife in our business. About once a year, the shared vault stops syncing

Options
ZINCT
ZINCT
Community Member

I use Dropbox to sync vaults. I opened my Dropbox and see that the information is going out to my Dropbox but I'm guessing somehow her 1Password lost connection to it. Can you explain how I can "relink" her shared vault to my Dropbox? I keep forgetting the steps. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:shared vault lost connection

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi there @ZINCT :)
    Information on setting up syncing with Dropbox can be found here with a link to a further post on troubleshooting at the bottom of the article. If there is any particular step you are having trouble with, feel free to ask. :)

In all honesty, though, as one 1Password user to another, if sharing is what you want you may be interested and perhaps better suited with a 1Password Families or Teams membership. 1Password Families was built from the ground up with sharing in mind and makes it far easier and far more flexible to share what you want than the Dropbox method, along with various other benefits. I use it with my family and it's far easier than constantly fiddling around with Dropbox settings.

Cheers :)
    Corey

• ZINCT
    ZINCT
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Corey. But that article doesn't explain how to re-engage a vault that has already been connected in the past but lost it's connection. That's what I need to figure out.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

As long as the data you want is currently synced properly to dropbox on one of your devices, perhaps this article could be of assistance, particularly the section about resetting Dropbox data.

A warning though, resetting data will delete all of the 1Password data on the reset device, so be sure your information is being synced properly on Dropbox on your computer first.

• ZINCT
    ZINCT
    Community Member
    Options

Okay - nevermind. I figured it out. thanks

• ZINCT
    ZINCT
    Community Member
    Options

BTW - 1Password Families or Teams membership is kind of expensive. $120 every 2 years just to save some passwords is really steep in my opinion - I mean let's put things into perspective. $20/year would be more reasonable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ZINCT: 1Password does a lot more than "just save some passwords", but if the other benefits of a 1Password.com membership don't appeal to you I guess that won't make a difference. But I spend a lot more than 5$ a pop on pizza, and 1Password is much better for my health. ;)

Anyway, if you're happy with the version you've already purchased you don't need to spend anything at all. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.