Always open to vault

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Let me set a default vault to open in.

Comments

• samaklis
    samaklis
    Community Member
    Options

HI there. The fact that the application cannot remember which vault you have selected, every time it restarts on the Mac, is really, really annoying. Especially when something like this would not be so hard to develop. Maybe we can bump this up? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@samaklis: What do you mean? I'm not sure we're on the same page here. Are you using 1Password on a Mac or a PC? Can you clarify what you're trying to do? 1Password should open to All Vaults when you launch it the first time, but while you're using it it should remember the vault you'd selected between unlocks. Are you seeing something different?

• samaklis
    samaklis
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Hi, the issue happens on a Mac on every restart of the application. (as mentioned in my original post)
    In contrast on the Windows version, it seems to remember the last vault that was opened after each restart. For someone that is a user of multiple vaults it tends to be annoying. The only default you can have is what vault a new entry gets saved in.
    So from a usability perspective the product behaves quite differently from platform to platform (confusing for the users) and in addition is not flexible. I find myself having to select a vault every time the application starts, as I am doing searches across vaults that have duplicate (shared) entries, and I do not want to see multiple results coming back. (Especially through the browser plugins...)

I hope this helps explain it a bit better. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, the issue happens on a Mac on every restart of the application. (as mentioned in my original post)

@samaklis: Thanks! You're posting in the Windows category of the forum, so I wasn't sure.

In contrast on the Windows version, it seems to remember the last vault that was opened after each restart. For someone that is a user of multiple vaults it tends to be annoying. The only default you can have is what vault a new entry gets saved in.

I'm not sure I understand. Have you tried setting Preferences > General > Always open to to something other than All Vaults?

So from a usability perspective the product behaves quite differently from platform to platform (confusing for the users) and in addition is not flexible. I find myself having to select a vault every time the application starts, as I am doing searches across vaults that have duplicate (shared) entries, and I do not want to see multiple results coming back. (Especially through the browser plugins...)

You can also exclude vaults in Preferences > All Vaults > Vaults included.

I hope this helps explain it a bit better. Thanks.

Yes! Thanks for clarifying. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• samaklis
    samaklis
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thanks for the quick reply and sorry about the Windows/Mac forum confusion. I was mistakenly looking under the "all vaults" in the preferences... Thanks again for the eye opener!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@samaklis: Oh no need to apologize at all. I just wanted to make sure not to give you wrong information. Glad that helped. Cheers! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! Glad to be able to help! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.