I installed 1password extension and nothing happens when I open an account

Options
lcbridges
lcbridges
Community Member

I followed the instructions on the video, "Learn how to save passwords and sign in to your online accounts on the web with the 1Password extension." I installed the 1password extension, went to an account I want to save in 1password, signed in, but never got the prompt to save in 1password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I installed the 1password extension but nothing happens from 1password when I sign into old account

Comments

• lcbridges
    lcbridges
    Community Member
    Options

I do see the 1password button in my toolbar

• lcbridges
    lcbridges
    Community Member
    Options

One more note: when I press the 1password button, I get the message "Safari can't open the specified address because OS X doesn't recognized internet addresses starting with "onepassord4-extensions" so it does not appear my 1password extension button is working...

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @lcbridges :)
    In order for the 1Password extension to work properly, you need to have the full 1Password app installed as well. Given the error messages you are getting, it appears that you don't. It can be downloaded from here.

Hope that helps :)
    Corey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lcbridges: It's also possible that you have 1Password installed, but something on your system has broken the "onepassword" association, so installing a fresh copy would help with that too. And we're here if you need anything else! :)

• lcbridges
    lcbridges
    Community Member
    Options

I am wasting a stupid amount of time trying to figure it out on my own, that not working, then waiting too long for responses, and then too much time trying to figure out the response and then it not working either. I'm at the place I either need my money back and let me go try a different system with adequate support, or someone contact me in a way that is "user friendly" and help me get this supposedly easy system going...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@lcbridges - I see you've written in to our support email address; we usually don't try to carry on conversations in two different locations simultaneously as it can get quite confusing, very quickly. I've responded to you there, however, so let's keep the conversation going in private, if that's OK with you.

ref: VSY-52811-764

This discussion has been closed.