chrome extension not working

I've updated to latest Chrome, 1Password Extension and 1 PAssword. 1Password extension is greyed out in Chrome and has no effect when I click on.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 100000
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension not working

Comments

• @Stephencbates: Could you first check for me that Use Native Messaging protocol is checked in Help > Advanced? If not, check that option, restart Chrome, give the extension another try and let me know if that gets it working. Thanks! :+1:

• maik_w
    maik_w
    Community Member

I've got the same problem, "greyed out" 1passwod symbol in all browsers. Browser, Extension and 1password itself are up to date, 'Use Native Messaging protocol' is checked and my windows is freshly restarted. All shown solutions, din't work, any more ideas?

Firefox 55
    FF extension 4.6.11.91
    1pwd 4.6.2.626
    WIN 7

On another machine I#ve 1pwd 4.6.2.625 in unse with chrome extension 4.6.10.90. This configuration ist still working...

Maybe that helps?

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@maik_w:

To get a better idea of what happened on your PC, please create a Diagnostics Report from there. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• maik_w
    maik_w
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    thnks for your response!
    Just for the records: After de-installing th 4.6.2.626 and re-installing the 4.6.2.625 the system is working again.
    So I just sent in two diagnostic reports. I hope you can find the difference, so that I can use the newest version. The connectet support-ID is [#UIM-25254-675]

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@maik_w: Fantastic! We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thanks! :+1:

ref: UIM-25254-675

• claudiu_c
    claudiu_c
    Community Member

I also have the same issue on Windows after updating to '4.6.11.91' Chrome extension. I tried with new installs, restarts, etc and installing fresh on Firefox or IE. I use the standalone app which I tried reinstalling. Works from home where I have an older version of the extension.

• @claudiu_c: On the computer where it works, could you let me know the version of both the extension and the main app that you have? For the non-working computer, what version of the main app are you using? Knowing your working and non-working configuration will definitely be helpful. Thanks! :chuffed:

• claudiu_c
    claudiu_c
    Community Member

Hello,
    Unfortunately when I got back to my home PC the chrome extension was also updated and I think I did the same main app update, but it was working maybe because the pc wasn't restarted yet then.
    I have ' 4.6.2.625 ' that doesn't work for me unfortunately.
    Thank you for the quick reactions.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@claudiu_c: Am I right to understand that you are having troubles with both "4.6.2.625" and "4.6.2.626"? Thanks!

• claudiu_c
    claudiu_c
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi Greg, yes. I'm thinking it had to do with some recent Windows Updates from my system that triggered this?
    A weird behavior is new now:

• i select 'Use native messaging protocol'
    • Chrome is trying to get focus of my input all the time if I have the extension loaded
      With those two things, I'm not able to have focus in any other window in my PC than the Chrome that had that extension installed. Not even Task Manager.
  • MikeT
    edited September 2017

Hi @claudiu_c,

I think I know what that might be. Try this:

1. Close your web browsers and 1Password
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop
    4. Restart 1Password, unlock and then open your browser, see if it works better now.
  • Yass80
    Yass80
    Community Member

Hi MikeT, I had the exact same problem with my Chrome extension and moving that file to the desktop fixed it for me. However, when I used the password generator, clicked on copy, and then clicked on ok, the password wouldn't automatically fill while I was registering here on AgileBits. It does work properly when signing in to Amazon an other sites though. Thank you and the others here for your help

• @Yass80: Thanks for letting us know and I'm glad to hear Mike's strategy worked for you. We've been running into a few filling issues lately and I'm delighted we're finally starting to track them down. :chuffed:

• claudiu_c
    claudiu_c
    Community Member

Ladies and gentlemen.. I announce this as being the first ever support ticket that actually solved my issue by just following the mentioned steps. Thank you very much everyone!

• @claudiu_c: Hooray! Mark the date on your calendar. :wink: I'm glad to hear it worked, but do keep in touch if anything come up and thanks for your patience while we sorted it out. :chuffed:

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

Hi. I started this discussion last night. I'm using Native Messaging Protocol and have put OPX4.auth on my desktop with no change to the greyed out Chrome extension for 1Password.

I've sent through a diagnostic report: [#PTP-69117-322

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stephencbates: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PTP-69117-322

• Betsabe
    Betsabe
    Community Member

I experiencing the same problem. The chrome extension is not working in my MacBook Pro. Can you help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Betsabe: This is the Windows category of the forum, so unless you're running 1Password for Windows in BootCamp or a virtual machine it will definitely be a different problem. But I can split you off into a separate discussion if that's the case. Unfortunately, no matter what, without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• toddamiller
    toddamiller
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. Using Windows 10, Chrome. When I uninstall and reinstall the extension it is black for 2 -3 seconds then goes back to gray.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toddamiller: Do you have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password? Without knowing which version you're using I can't be more specific, but if you'll tell me I can point you in the right direction. :)

• SteveDQ
    SteveDQ
    Community Member

I am having the same problem.
    Windows 10
    Chrome 62.0.3202.94
    1Password Desktop 4.6.2.626
    Icon for chrome extension is greyed out.
    Native messaging is checked.
    I have emailed the diagnostic report
    Please help
    -Steve

• Hi @SteveDQ,

I found your email and will reply to it as soon as I finish analyzing the report. At first glance, the problem is with 1Password Helper itself.

ref: NVQ-74621-526

This discussion has been closed.