One Browser, But Multiple Devices, Chrome and Windows 10

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hmmm... seems to only happen on Windows 10 and Chrome (haven't tried Firefox), but not on the Mac and not on a Windows 7 machine, but it seems like it shows up frequently as a new device (I was reviewing my devices). Odd that one.

(while on the subject, what does deauthorize do? Like to the app or the browser? Honestly, not sure how it would delete the cookie? Does it remove the vault when an app?)

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @AlwaysSortaCurious,

When you revoke access to a device or a browser, it signs you out of your account on that device, so you will need to sign back in to your account using your Secret Key and Master Password. This feature is really handy if your device gets lost or stolen.

Please let me know if it helps. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Thanks. Understood it was a cutting off, just wasn’t sure how far it cut off. Not a defacto travel mode.

But the multiple devices thing is a little weird, same ip, same browser, same laptop.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017

@AlwaysSortaCurious: You'll see new devices pop up for the same browser if you are signing in from the same browser on multiple devices (ie -- if you've signed in previously from Chrome on Mac and Windows, you'll see two for Chrome for example.) I believe upgrading browsers may also trigger a new device. I can't make Chrome show up more than once on Windows 10 myself though. I just see one each for my Android, my PC and my Mac. Are you seeing a new one pop up every time you sign in via Chrome on Window 10?

• Thanks. I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens again. There was a Chrome update yesterday(? recently), and at some point, my Windows 10 device was showing a new device every day and I wasn't cleaning cookies at the time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Definitely let us know. If this is a thing, I'm surprised I haven't seen it myself given how much browser resetting/reinstalling I do.

This discussion has been closed.