Safari not maintaining authorization

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud Session Expired - Keeps asking me to sign in with my Apple ID.

Comments

• GeekChickLife
    GeekChickLife
    Community Member
    Options

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with 1Password mini asking for authorization every time I launch Safari. Let me give you a bit of background:

I had to do a clean install of the OS on my Macbook Pro (13-inch, mid 2012 model) due to an unrelated issue. I then reinstalled my stand alone version of 1PW as well as the Safari browser extension, and synced with iCloud as usual. Now every time I launch Safari, I have to authorize it. It's extremely annoying and disruptive to my workflow. I have the exact same version of 1PW and the extension on my iMac (also running OS 10.10.5) and don't have any issues.

When I first installed the Safari extension, I was asked if I wanted to install it from the developer or Safari extensions gallery. At first I chose gallery, and when I notice the problem I figured something went wrong with the extension. So I uninstalled, rebooted, and then chose install the extension from developer. However, the problem still exists.

Other observations:

1. It only happens on the first launch of Safari after a computer restart. It does not happen if I quit Safari and launch it again.

2. It does not happen in Firefox or Chrome. Both of those browsers and extensions behave normally.

3. It does not happen on my iMac. All 3 browsers behave normally.

4. I have uninstalled the extension, as well as the standalone version of 1PW and reinstalled, but the issue continues on the Macbook.

5. Macbook OS and all applications are up to date.

I'm at a loss now as to what's causing this. I welcome any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!
    Kat

1Password Version: 6.8.2
    Extension Version: 4.6.11
    OS Version: 10.10.5
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GeekChicLife -- I've merged your thread with an existing one on this same topic; I hope that's OK with you. You're being asked to re-authenticate frequently because Apple has changed their timeouts for iCloud authentication. The solution for it is: next time you're taken to the web page and asked to re-authenticate, check the box that says Keep me signed in -- that should take care of it. :)

• GeekChickLife
    GeekChickLife
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, sadly that is not the issue I'm having. I have already told Apple's server to keep me signed in when I reinstalled. I am not being redirected to Apple's iCloud sign in page. The issue is happening with the 1PW extension and Safari only. I have already cleared Safari's cache and rebooted several times, yet it keeps happening. As I mentioned in my post above, it does not happen with Chrome or Firefox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GeekChicLife -- ohhh, OK. Sorry for misreading it; we've had a surge of people writing in with the iCloud timeout issue, in the wake of Apple changing their authentication timeouts.

In your case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#HIJ-43659-137]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @GeekChicLife only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HIJ-43659-137

• GeekChickLife
    GeekChickLife
    Community Member
    Options

Ok will do. Thanks so much!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GeekChicLife I've answered you via email; let's keep the conversation going there if you don't mind. :)

• macwish
    macwish
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am having same problem every time Safari launches. Does not occur with Firefox. It began after most recent update of 1PW from 6.8.5 to 6.8.6.
    MacOS 10.13.2, 1PW 6,8,6, 1PW Extension 4.6.12.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@macwish - I see you've also written in to our support email; let's keep the conversation going over there, instead of on the public forum.

ref: JWX-22432-121

This discussion has been closed.