To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgraded to subscription, can't migrate data, now locked out of subscription

Options
SoCalBonnie
SoCalBonnie
Community Member

I emailed a support request last night but I'm in a bit of a bind and need help soon so am writing again here. Feel free to close this thread if you need to.

I upgraded to subscription from my standalone app to make things easier when syncing across my devices (got a new iPhone).

I've been using my desktop app for years. I back it up to Dropbox, was never able to sync it to my old iPhone but didn't require that ability in the past so I lived with it.

I upgraded last night to the individual membership plan because now I do need it synced to my iPhone.

I tried to follow the instructions to migrate my desktop app data into the online subscription account vault, but I couldn't figure it out. I scanned the QR code, did all that stuff, but my vault online was still empty. At one point I got logged out of the online app and when I tried logging back in, it told me "Cannot sign in. Your Master Password is incorrect."

I tried resetting my password twice, then realized I was only resetting the forum discussions password (d'oh!) and I there is no way reset my online master password.

I just want to merge my logins from my desktop app into my online subscription app and then sync with my ipad and my new iphone. I've used 1password for years and recommend it to everyone but this inability to do what I need to do has knocked me for a loop.

Can you help me with this?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.11.91
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Meek
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @SoCalBonnie, I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble migrating your data over. I'd be happy to help.

Since we'll need to reset your account, I'd like to continue the discussion over email - I just sent a reply to your ticket. Let's continue over there :)

ref: KXP-79614-784

• SoCalBonnie
    SoCalBonnie
    Community Member
    Options

Chris, I responded by email, but wanted to catch you here, too.

I deleted my subscription account as directed and recreated it. The experience importing my info into a brand new account was completely different and effortless than it was when trying to import my info into the now-deleted account.

I didn't even need to follow any instructions on the migrate page, as 1 Password opened a dialogue in my desktop app and asked me if I wanted to move my data to the online account. I said yes and it was done, just like that. Completely different experience, more of what I expected from 1Password.

I think this problem may have been caused by my upgrading my membership on the online account that had been frozen after I did a trial a while ago. Your migration instructions might be updated to reflect this. Or perhaps it was just me. Who knows.

In comparison to what I went through last night, it was a cinch. Later I will try to sync the iPhone.

Thank you for your help!

• Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked out. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.