master password quit working, I can send it to you.

Options
miketodaro
miketodaro
Community Member

not sure what happened. I created a long and easy to memorize 1Password password. but it no longer works. do I send it to you?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password quit working

Comments

• @miketodaro,

Nope, definitely don't send it to us, there's not anything we can do with it anyway. You'll want to see if you can remember or recover it using the steps provided on https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Rudy

• miketodaro
    miketodaro
    Community Member
    Options

not working. again, all of my passwords before 1Password were on a passwords app on my iPhone that no longer works with the new IoS.

• miketodaro
    miketodaro
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not even sure what my username was. probably miketodaro but not sure. I received an email from dave_teare@agilebits.com on 10/20/16

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miketodaro - So, you previously were using a different password manager on iOS that doesn't work with the new iOS 11? When did you switch over to using 1Password, and were you able to successfully import your passwords from the older device into 1Password? If so, about when was that import process, and how long have you been successfully using 1Password for iOS? Most importantly, what changed or isn't happening the way you think it should?

• miketodaro
    miketodaro
    Community Member
    Options

I have no idea what changed. One day I keyed my password in and it said it was incorrect. I am not sure I imported all the passwords. I think I keyed them in myself.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miketodaro -- 1Password never arbitrarily changes your Master Password. If you've followed all the steps in the link Rudy gave you regarding checking caps lock, etc, then unfortunately, you may have lost access to your data. If you're not part of a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account where an administrator or organizer can help you recover your data, you may have to follow these steps to start over on your Mac. WARNING: you will lose any data you have in 1Password if you take these steps.

This discussion has been closed.