unable to select vaults from mac mini

Options
Donaldo
Donaldo
Community Member

Hello Agile people
I've been unable to select vaults to login to on the mac mini in firefox. I used to be able to click on the "1" icon and a selection of vaults appeared for me to login to. All I get now is "Primary Vault" and nothing happens when I press "1". Keybord strokes such as "command 0" don't work either.
It will work if I login to primary vault and leave it open (Not a good idea).
Here's what I've tried...

1) updated firefox
2)updated 1password
3)repaired permissions
4)Created a new fresh test vault.
5)Restarted machine.

Possible clue...
1) I say "no" when my machine wants to talk to the cloud. Maybe I should let it login to cloud.

Got any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Donaldo: Are you certain you have more than one vault, and that you haven't hidden them in Preferences > All Vaults? The behaviour you're describing is what I'd expect if you have only a Primary vault in the app: no way to change vaults. You also said that you're not syncing with the cloud, but in your setup information you listed iCloud as the sync type. Can you clarify?

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have three vaults
    1) Primary
    2)Cargo Office
    3)Crypto (This is a test vault)
    These are all selected and checked off under preferences All Vaults.
    I have not been syncing with the cloud, however the Cargo Vault has only ever been working on the machine on which it was made, it would never port over to any of the other machines on our network.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Donaldo: Thanks for confirming! In order for any local vaults to be available on other devices, you'd have to configure them to sync (on both ends). iCloud can only sync the Primary vault, but you could use Dropbox to sync the others.

Getting back to your original issue, I'm not able to reproduce that here...but we also do not test with unsupported OS versions. Are you able to update macOS? At the very least, Yosemite goes up to 10.10.5; but any machine running Yosemite is upgradable to El Capitan, which would also allow you to benefit from the improvements and many important security updates that have been released since 10.10.3.

However, it's possible that it's something much simpler as well. Are you able to use ⌘ 0-3 in the main 1Password app? If so, then we at least know the problem is limited to Firefox. However, it's more likely that it's simply a keyboard shortcut conflict on your system. Definitely check System Preferences > Keyboard and other apps which might be capturing those globally as well. And again, you'll need to have all of those vaults selected in 1Password Preferences > All Vaults for any of that to work.

Can you clarify what you meant here?

It will work if I login to primary vault and leave it open

Can you elaborate on what you're doing here?

I say "no" when my machine wants to talk to the cloud.

Do you have something setup in 1Password Preferences > Sync?

Thanks in advance!

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your input Brenty!
    As far as system goes, I can't go beyond Yosemite without loosing our Quickbooks. They are a real footdragger. But I'll give 10.10.5 a try.
    I think it might be something else as vault selection used to work and now it doesn't.
    Selecting vaults works fine once I open the main password app, both in the mini and main. Once I close the main vault they stop working in the mini. I have the same problem in both Firefox and Chrome.

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

same issue with Safari.
    I'll have to wait untill weekend to update system.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Donaldo - Sounds good -- let us know how the upgrade goes, and if it has any effect.

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars
    Update to 10.10.5 and the problem persists across all browsers

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps the 1password itself has become corrupted?
    We have had a few blackouts in past few months.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Donaldo: Thanks so much for getting back to us! Definitely a tricky one. It's certainly possible that the app itself is damaged. I'd like you to reinstall it and check one more thing for me. Please do the following:

1. Do a Spotlight search for "1password". What do you see? I wonder if the problem is that you've got multiple copies of the app, and macOS is getting confused launching.
    2. Drag any copies of 1Password to the Trash, but do NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove it since that will probably delete your data as well!
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from our website: https://1password.com/downloads/

If you're still having trouble, I'd encourage you to update to 10.10.5 after sending us some diagnostics (that way we can occupy ourselves with working on the problem from both angles). So, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue (attempting to switch vaults), and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com

Please also include the exact steps you're taking when you run into this issue. Let me know once you've sent it, and then you can backup your Mac and do the minor macOS update while we investigate on our end. Thanks in advance!

ref: IHU-21547-175

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Already updated to 10.10.5 but result was the same.
    My server permissions look suspicious. Heres a screenshot. Sent in Diagnostic report. I've had issues with permissions before.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Donaldo -- it looks as if one of our colleagues is helping you via email; let's continue the conversation there, to avoid confusion. :)

• Donaldo
    Donaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars
    No I have not been receiving support via email, only here at support forum. I get notifications of your postings via email that's all. Brenty has been helping me here. If you would prefer we can do it via email. I understand you guys handle a lot of traffic.

On another note, I have noticed another machine on our network that is behaving the same with unresponsive "1" vault selector. (We have two machines running 1password). What could this imply? Virus? YIKES!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Donaldo -- To avoid confusion and help you get things resolved more quickly, I've replied to you via email; let's keep the conversation going over there.

This discussion has been closed.