Clear Clipboard after X seconds no longer working

Options
7dy4ru9
7dy4ru9
Community Member

After recent update the Clear Clipboard after X seconds setting no longer appears to work. The clipboard maintains its most recent data copied indefinitely. This doesn't apply to the new 2FA temporary, one-time passwords functionality. That works fine.

1Password Version: 6.8.2 (682002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@7dy4ru9: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! What do you have the timer set to now? If you change it, or disable and re-enable it, does it work then? Also, do you have another app which deals with the clipboard and may be interfering? For example, many clipboard managers will remove content when they use the clipboard, and then put it back afterward. If this happens, 1Password should not clear it because it was put there by another app. Let me know what you find!

• 7dy4ru9
    7dy4ru9
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, no other app in use and no changes have been made other than recent OS and 1pass updates. I tried changing the # of seconds and it had no impact. I haven't tried disabling it altogether, I will today.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@7dy4ru9 - Thanks for the additional information. I'd make sure to do a full restart of your Mac; weirdnesses like that which aren't explained by anything rational and for which we don't have an open issue outstanding are more often than not solved by a restart. Not guaranteeing anything, just saying let's rule that out, with a fresh system state. Let us know what you discover!

• 7dy4ru9
    7dy4ru9
    Community Member
    Options

yeah, the machine get restarted daily - I began noticing the issue after the 9/19 update.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@7dy4ru9 - thanks for at least giving that a whirl, and sorry it didn't work. Looks like we'll have to dig a bit deeper! I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#HXN-63143-721]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @7dy4ru9 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HXN-63143-721

• 7dy4ru9
    7dy4ru9
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, sent your way.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@7dy4ru9: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly!

ref: HXN-63143-721

This discussion has been closed.