I have a problem with restoring form back-up. Can somebody help?

Options
Godfried
Godfried
Community Member

If I want to restore the back-up files aren't active. And if I wan't to open the 1Password.agilekeychain in backup and fill in my master password, it doesn't work either. What can I doe to fix it?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX siera
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm having a problem with backup

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Godfried! Sorry to hear you're having trouble restoring from a backup; that should be a relatively straightforward process. Let's figure out why it isn't! First of all, are these backups from the same computer, and from the same (general) version of 1Password? Or are you trying to import backups from some other installation of 1Password?

• Godfried
    Godfried
    Community Member
    Options

Yesterday I started using a new computer and transferred the data from my old computer via migration assistant. That worked yesterday evening fine, but now my complete list of passwords has disappeared. After I had transferred my data, I have been cleaning up in application support. But, I don't remember removing any essential data from IPassword. The backup of 1Password is still there, but is not active.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, @Godfried -- Migration Assistant can be a wonderful tool, but it can't take all situations into account, nor make transfer of everything perfect. We definitely don't recommend users delete or change anything in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/, as this is where 1Password stores all your actual data (if you're using our version of 1Password for Mac). I'm not sure what you mean by "backup is still there, but is not active." Do you still have your older computer, and is that computer's copy of 1Password for Mac still complete and up-to-date?

• Godfried
    Godfried
    Community Member
    Options

What I mean by being inactive, I can see them in "search backup" but the files are not clickable. See images

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Godfried - thanks for the screenshots -- I see a few things in there that aren't quite how they should be; at this point, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from *each *of your Macs.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#FCZ-61455-473]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Godfried only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: FCZ-61455-473

• Godfried
    Godfried
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed it already! Migrated my old data from application support back to new computer. Thanks for your help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Godfried -- that's certainly one way to do it, though I'd watch and make sure you don't have any unusual behavior out of 1Password in the next couple of days. I don't know what you may have deleted, so it's hard to say whether what you did is a complete fix. However, if it caused 1Password to begin working as you expect again, that's a good sign. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.