To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync issue between Mac, Windows & Android

Options
RealMattMurdoch
RealMattMurdoch
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

If I make changes on my Mac, (e.g. updating a password, or adding/editing a new Secure note) this is not reflected on my 1password Web page, Windows machine, nor my Android.

I have the 1Password account Membership:
Registered email: mmurdoch@......

MAC
"You are licensed"
1Password 6
Version: 6.8.2 (682003)

Android
1Password 6
Version: 6.6

• I have setup all 5 devices and they are listed as authorised.
  • I can access the 1password from each device
  • however no changes/updates are sync'd

I THINK the issue is, that On my Android it uses the "Personal" Vault
But on my MAC it is using the Primary.

To be honest, I only need ONE. Could this be the reason, if so, what can I do now?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Membership
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• RealMattMurdoch
    RealMattMurdoch
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I found a way to fix this myself.

I delete all the items from Personal Vault
    Then I copied All the Items from Primary to Personal Vault
    I then went to preferences on my mac, removed the Primary Vault, AND set the Personal Vault as default

Worked!
    Now I get the updates on my Android and Windows Surface

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RealMattMurdoch - I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) So, congratulations! That was indeed the solution. Primary is the vault that's created locally when you first begin to use 1Password if you don't create (or sign into) a 1password.com account. Personal is the vault you have in your 1password.com account (one of them, anyway). We do provide instructions for migrating from a standalone vault setup to a 1Password account, but good for you, for figuring things out on your own!

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.