To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How Sync my Phone 1P app to my Windows account?

crbavs
crbavs
Community Member

I am CONFUSED. I have a 1 Password for Windows account, I have my Secret KEY. My vault is in Dropbox. I downloaded 1P for Android v6.6.1 and Dropbox on my Samsung phone, it will not sync with changes I make to my Windows account. I get an error message when I give it the Dropbox menu path, "Vault is EMPTY." When I try to enter my account info in the phone app, it tells me I have an "invalid sign in address." I notice that address is ".1Password" (no quotes), what is that decimal point doing there? But I cannot edit that address. HELP!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @crbavs :)
    Sorry for the confusion. I need to clarify some things in order to help you, though. You say you have a 1Password account, yet you also say you sync via Dropbox. If you have a 1Password account, syncing it separately is not necessary as one of the benefits of an account is automatic syncing. So which one is it? Do you have a 1Password account subscription, the one you pay for monthly/annually that has both the master password and secret key? Or do you have a license which you bought once and that's it?

• crbavs
    crbavs
    Community Member

I purchased a "1 Password 4 for Windows (single license)." Does this help?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Yes, so you don't have an account, you have a license. Okay then. Have you tried looking through the steps in this article? They may help solve your issues.

• crbavs
    crbavs
    Community Member

Dropbox syncs fine with 1P on my WIndows PC. I could still have these issues with Dropbox sync'ing to my phone app? If YES, will need to do this later and get back to you. THANKS!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Sometimes Dropbox can mess up a little, I'd take a look through and see if any of it helps. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! We're here if you have any other questions. :)

• crbavs
    crbavs
    Community Member

Seems a 95% full dropbox was the problem. Deleted a bunch of old pictures and sync works now. No alerts from dropbox about being full, but full enough to cause problems to 1P.
    Irritating question: I have had to reset my Agile Forum password EVERY TIME I have logged on over last two days. It is rated an OK password. Password not saved unless it is a GOOD password?
    THANKS for the support, the Dropbox document was very detailed and very well organized.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @crbavs -- I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem: have you tried logging in from more than one device (not simultaneously, just wondering if all your logins have been from the same device). The forum shouldn't ask you to change your password like that.

• crbavs
    crbavs
    Community Member

Same problem across three different devices. No worries, just an irritant, you all helped me with my REAL problem! Thanks again.

• Okay, thanks @crbavs. Glad to hear the problem with 1Password was resolved.

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@crbavs: Are you perhaps using a link in an email or have saved a password reset URL in your forum login? That's the only thing I can think of that could cause that. Let me know what you find!

• crbavs
    crbavs
    Community Member

Using a link, but it takes me to the forum logon screen. I type in my email address and password, I either get message saying I do not have permission or to try again, I try again and same error. So then I request a password reset.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@crbavs: What is the URL you have saved for this login? It sounds like that's probably the key.

This discussion has been closed.