What Happened to the "Fill out password" option in the 1Password application? [Not implemented yet]

Transmatrix
Transmatrix
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I used this functionality A LOT in 1Password 4. I recently updated to 1Password 6, and I can't find this feature anywhere. I used it in particular for password management on remote systems where I am prevented from copying and pasting from my local machine to the remote desktop.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Transmatrix,

Thanks for writing in and for trying out 1Password 6.

We haven't implemented this feature yet in 1Password 6, it is a separate codebase from 1Password 4 and all previous 1Password features have to be re-implemented manually but we're getting there as fast as we can.

1Password 6's Strong Password Generator will be getting a complete overhaul in the near future, not just for supporting the ability to fill from it but also to support saving the website and application titles that you're saving it for, cleaning up any redundant password items as well, and more.

• Transmatrix
    Transmatrix
    Community Member

So, no ETA on this (extremely important in my opinion) feature? Also, "trying out"? I'm paying money for this application and service...

• MikeT
    edited September 2017

Hi @Transmatrix,

We do apologize but that is correct, we don't have a timeframe on when this is coming.

As for the trying out comment, all 1Password.com accounts come with a 30-day trial and you said you recently updated since 1Password 6 for Windows is only available for 1Password.com accounts at the moment, so I incorrectly assumed you were on a trial period.

This discussion has been closed.