To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost Master Key on Setting up Account

legerrf
legerrf
Community Member

Just signed up with new account. However, the introductory letter having the master key was deleted before I saved the key and pdf file. Llooks like I cannot even make my first login. What do I need to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @legerrf: Your browser will cache your Secret Key when you sign in, so it's possible you can use the browser you initially set up the account with to retrieve your Emergency Kit (and thus your Secret Key). Head over to https://start.1password.com on the computer you signed up with using the browser you used to sign up and see if your Secret Key is pre-filled for you. Sign in, if you can, and click the Save Your Emergency Kit graphic in the lower right-hand corner. Bam! Secret Key recovered.

Of course, if this doesn't work for you, let us know and we'd be happy to help. :chuffed:

• legerrf
    legerrf
    Community Member

Already tried that. Nothing there.

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@legerrf: Well, shoot. I'm sorry to hear that! In that case, the best choice is likely to delete your account and start over. Since you didn't get a chance to sign in yet, I suspect you don't have any items saved yet anyway, so if you have to lose your Secret Key, this is as good a time as any. I'm going to send you an e-mail to get the process started and we can continue the conversation via e-mail. :+1:

ref: LHH-81226-381

This discussion has been closed.