Lock shortcut not working [Known bug, will be fixed]

mathieu_g
mathieu_g
1Password Alumni
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello!

I was trying to use the associated shortcut (Windows + Shift + L) to lock the app but it doesn't work. I have to do it manually by first right clicking on the icon in the taskbar and then clicking on "Lock". Why is the shortcut not working?

Thanks!

Mathieu

1Password Version: 6.7.457
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Mathieu_G: That's a known regression and on the list to be fixed. While the shortcut is inactive, however, there are a few places you can lock 1Password manually:

1. In the notification area as you have been.
    2. In mini -- Click the extension icon (or the icon in the notification area), select Settings (cog wheel), then lock.
    3. In the main app -- Click the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner.

In addition, you can always adjust your auto-lock settings to allow you to come as close to not having to worry about manually locking as possible. Lock when computer is locked is a good one. Windows Key + L will lock Windows for you, which will lock 1Password as well with this setting enabled.

Of course, we know we've got our keyboard lovers around here, so we're definitely working on bringing it back. :+1:

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni

Oh ok, I see. It would indeed be great to have it back since it's a very useful one. Thanks!

• Oh, we do agree! We plan to re-implement it as a system shortcut, rather than 1Password app shortcut, so you can lock it anywhere rather than just within the main 1Password window.

This discussion has been closed.