I want to swap my sync from dropbox to iCloud

Pete01
Pete01
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

I don't want to sign up to a new plan or buy the app again.

I'm using 1P in an Apple only environment on multiple devices. I need to use a shared dropbox account for work and so can't continue to use dropbox to sync 1P. How do i swap my sync over to iCloud?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox iCloud

Comments

• Hi @Pete01,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I need to use a shared dropbox account for work

For what it's worth, we do not recommend using Dropbox to share 1Password data. It has been found by many to provide an unreliable experience. It is very possible for the data to fall "out of sync" unbeknownst to anyone, and then it is very difficult to get things back in sync.

For teams that want to share 1Password data we recommend our 1Password Teams service:

Teams - 1Password

If your team might be interested I'm sure our sales team would be interested in having a chat.

and so can't continue to use dropbox to sync 1P.

I'm not sure why that would be the case? What about the way this shared vault it set up prevents you from continuing to sync your personal vault with Dropbox? Is everyone else also using iCloud for their personal vault and then Dropbox for the shared vault?

How do i swap my sync over to iCloud?

If you want to proceed with this you'd first need to disable syncing with Dropbox: 1Password > Preferences > Sync > Primary > select none. Then you can set up syncing with iCloud instead:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud - 1Password Support

Please note that any 3rd party solution for syncing 1Password data is considered a more advanced and more technical option, not for the faint of heart.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.