To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I had an iphone 6 and have used the 1Password app for years and years... now I have a new iphone 8

blwalker
blwalker
Community Member

I put the new app on my phone but can't get it to load all my old passwords... I don't know how to do this

1Password Version: ?
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 11
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I just bought iphone 8 and cannot get all my passwords back

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @blwalker :)
    Do you still have access to your old phone? If so, you can make sure it's set up to sync via iCloud or Dropbox and then, on your new phone, pick the syncing method you used on the 1Password welcome screen on your new phone to get all your passwords moved to the new device.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you are having troubles with any of the steps. :)
    Corey

• blwalker
    blwalker
    Community Member

hi
    It seems too confusing, so I signed up for the monthly payment...
    am putting back the passwords one at a time...

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@blwalker a 1Password membership is indeed the easier way to do it, but you don't have to put the passwords back one at a time. You can easily migrate your data to your new account.

Cheers :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blwalker: Indeed, and if you've already declined the migration and/or prefer to do it on your own to sort/organize things a bit at the same time, you can move items between vaults either individually or together. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.