Firefox 57

Hello,

i have recently installed the new Firefox 57, i am looking to test 1password's extension/plugin there, but it seems like i cant find it, i can't download it from the website, i think it's not compatible with Firefox? All other password managers i try work well (roboform and bitwarden)

any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.8.465
Extension Version: 0?
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gmaister22: We've released a new WebExtensions-compatible version just under two months ago, so the only reason it wouldn't work is if you had something out of date, or if something is simply broken in Firefox 57, which is prerelease and won't hit the stable channel until November at the earliest. You can always install the latest version of the 1Password extension from our website, so I'd start there:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

There's no way it will work otherwise. Let me know how you get along!

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

@brenty i am getting this erroer "This add-on could not be downloaded because of connection failure"

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

Figured out the solution here: https://support.1password.com/firefox-connection-failure/

why is this happening on Firefox only and not on other browsers like Chrome for example?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gmaister22: Then something is preventing Firefox from establishing a secure connection. Do you have "security" software that might be interfering by performing "scanning" (really, a person-in-the-middle attack) on your secure communications? You may be able to download the file in another browser and drag it to Firefox to install it, but that would be ignoring the deeper issue of who or what is sniffing your traffic.

• gmaister22
    gmaister22
    Community Member

@brenty i am using Kasperksy IS 2018

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gmaister22: Thanks for letting me know! I can't remember exactly what it's called there, but you'll need to disable it in the browser if you've installed something from there there, and definitely disable the "SSL/TLS/HTTPS scanning" feature, which installs a self-signed certificate so they can decrypt all of your secure traffic. This will affect all websites you'd want to connect to securely, but as you can imagine, with 1Password we're very strict about security and insecure connections — with someone inserting themselves between you and the site you're trying to communicate with confidentially — will be rejected, for good reason.

This discussion has been closed.