3.9.20 app icon not in finder

I have 1 Password I purchased April 2, 2011. I am unable to find the icon, while the Safari icon is still on my toolbar. Confusing? I need to find FAFSA for my son, but am unable to do so because I cannot find the icon. Please help.

Keith

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:3.9.20 app icon not in finder

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kvbjorge: 1Password 3 is very, very, very old. But it doesn't sound like you're talking about the 1Password app. Are you referring to the browser extension? That won't work except on a very old OS/browser combination. Do you have 1Password installed in your Applications folder, or did you delete it at some point?

• kvbjorge
    kvbjorge
    Community Member

I do not have it in my fold, only the new one I just downloaded. What should I do to find my note?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kvbjorge: I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking. If you have a 1Password vault (probably AgileKeychain) you can use that in pretty much any version of 1Password. But installing the app won't restore your data if you deleted it previously. Do you have 1Password installed? And, if so, what are you seeing when opening it?

• kvbjorge
    kvbjorge
    Community Member

I do not see that I have it installed, however the browser extension is still available. When try to launch the app from the extension, nothing happens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kvbjorge: Correct. You will need to have the 1Password app installed for the browser extension to function. And even then, that's a very old version, and it will not work at all with recent browser releases. You can learn more details of the limitations of the legacy version here:

1Password 3 legacy support information

In the short-term, you can install 1Password 3 from our update archive:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM3

That should let you access your data, provided you have it. However, long-term, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. As long as you're using Yosemite or higher, you'll be able to use the latest version of 1Password, currently 6.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.