Initial Release - DPAF (OP CLI Overlay)

Options
tvachon
tvachon
Community Member
edited October 2017 in CLI

Hi everyone,

I just pushed my first copy of the "dangerous password autofiller (tm)". Ultimately I am trying to wrap OP with the sudolikeaboss format for iTerm2's Co-Process system.

If someone at Agilebits would be willing to look at it and make sure its sane, I would appreciate it. If this post isn't allowed, please remove it and let me know

https://github.com/tomvachon/dpaf

Thanks,
Tom

1Password Version: 6.8.32
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: 1Password Individual Account

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tvachon That looks fantastic! I'm going to take a deeper look at it later on. This is absolutely allowed and encouraged. One thing I will ask is for you to put a notice in the README that any user entering their 1Password Master Password into a tool not maintained by AgileBits should review the source code themselves and be satisfied with the security of the tool.

I'll let you know my thoughts when I've had a chance to review the source :)

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@cohix Will do. I apologize for the dumpster fire that is that code and no comments. It’s on the todo list. It’s my foray into Kivy and it’s an odd framework

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    Options

@cohix here it is. https://github.com/tomvachon/dpaf/blob/master/README.md#notice

If you want more copy edits please do a pull request or let me know

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    Options

@cohix what is the possibility of getting a 1Password test account for unit tests?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tvachon Thanks for making that edit! Unfortunately I can't give you a test account for unit tests, all I can do it tell you that the CLI is tested before each release so it will be reliable, but not necessarily backwards compatible :)

This discussion has been closed.