1password 6 Windows Application Login

Options

Hiya,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I can't see how to create a login for a windows application.
All of the guides seem to be for 1password 4.

1. Is it possible in version 6?
  2. If not, I have a 1password.com account - can I use that with version 4?

Thanks,

Rob.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Rob_ It is possible in version 6.

What you can do is open the 1Password app and create a new item (Login). Enter your credentials (username & password) and then hit save. I think you will need to copy the credentials from the 1Password app to your Windows application to login: open 1Password mini, look for your previously created item and copy the credentials from there :).

To make things easier, give your item a name that you will easily remember (name of your Windows application/the username for that app).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ Rob_

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! :+1:

While you can manually create a Login item for a Windows application in 1Password 6 for Windows, you won't be able to fill your credentials there, as Auto-type feature, which allows you to do that, is not implemented in 1Password 6 yet. It is on our list, but I do not have any timeframe for you at this point.

Please let me know if Mathieu's and my replies are helpful here. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Rob_
    Rob_
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me Mathieu and Greg.

Would I be able to use version 4 with the 1password.com account or would I need a different licence?

Thanks,

Rob

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Rob_

You are very welcome!

1Password 4 for Windows is an old app that will not receive any new features in the future, that is why we have stopped selling standalone licenses for it. Right now, I can suggest the following workaround for 1Password 6 for Windows, which you can use with the Windows applications:

1) Open 1Password mini by pressing Ctrl+Alt+\ on your keyboard.
    2) Find the item you need there and right-click on it.
    3) Choose what you want to copy to clipboard (username or password)
    4) Paste it in app.

Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Rob_
    Rob_
    Community Member
    Options

Hiya,

That's a shame, I guess I'll stick with RoboForm.
    What a waste - got it all imported into 1password as well.
    Thanks for helping.

Rob.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not a problem. Sorry we didn't have the answer you were hoping for, but we'll continue adding features to the new Windows app. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.