Launchbar message at start-up with High Sierra

Options
ashleyk
ashleyk
Community Member

I'm still using Launchbar 5.6.4, which does everything I need. Initially I did a straight upgrade to High Sierra and Launchbar was fine, however I had some other issues with High Sierra, so I decided to do a clean install of the OS. Following the clean install I see a message pop up saying I need to enable integration with 1Password, but I've already done it.

Is there any way to make this work as it did before? I'm not sure where the problem stems from in this case. I'm not sure I even need this option in Launchbar, but I can't see where it can be turned off.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• rudy
    edited October 2017
    Options

@ashleyk,

Per the release notes for LaunchBar you'd need to use LaunchBar 6.9 or newer in order to integrate with the current incarnation of 3rd party app integration.

Rudy

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

It's strange, because it worked fine when I did a straight upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra, but not following a clean install. Most likely there was some old file that was allowing it all to work without this message appearing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ashleyk -- that's what I'd guess, though it's hard to say without a closer look -- which we can't do because you've now clean-installed it. As per @rudy's post above, you'll need to look into 6.9+. Let us know if you notice any inconsistencies -- although if it's a LaunchBar issue you may get more mileage out of your efforts if you contact OD first. Cheers! :)

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I still have the backup on Time Machine, plus a copy of Sierra on a spare SATA, so I'll do some digging and see if I can spot the required files or folders.

I use Launchbar quite a lot, but only for very limited purposes, essentially just to start apps or find files by typing in the first couple of letters. I know it can do a lot more.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ashleyk -- sounds good! Let us know what you discover. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.