Feature Request: Optional Secure Note in Login

Options
ph4n745m
ph4n745m
Community Member

A lot of websites offer backup codes or ask personal questions (which I never answer truthfully) and I need a good way to store that info, but I'd rather it not be on screen by default. I'm humbly request that a new optional field be added to store that information and now shout it to the world when I have the app open.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@ph4n745m You can create other fields. I’ll make another “password” field, title it as the question as the name of that field, and put the answer in the password field. This way no one can see it at all when the app is open.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @ph4n745m! :) I see @prime has beaten me to the punch this morning and given you exactly the advice I would've given. When you click "Edit" on any record, you'll be able to add fields of multiple types. Most fields are stored in visible text (though of course everything here is encrypted by your Master Password), but if you use the type "password," it will be obfuscated with dots by default (and have the same properties/options as your actual password - Copy, Reveal, Large Text). That should offer you what it sounded like you were asking for. Let us know if you have any questions - cheers! :)

• ph4n745m
    ph4n745m
    Community Member
    Options

I get it, but the layout sucks. The notes allows for some formatting.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ph4n745m -- thanks for the feedback; let us know if there's any specific additional suggestions you have. :)

• ph4n745m
    ph4n745m
    Community Member
    Options

Basically, I'd like a hidden field for more formatted/structured data or text. Exactly like what the note provides, but it can be hidden.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@ph4n745m - OK, thanks for the request. :)

ref: OPM-1841

This discussion has been closed.